Monday, December 24

given


 

So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied. 

 - Helen Keller

these words are a treasure of truth. i want to say this more often.

when i read that i think of that obscure baby who was delivered without a midwife by an unmarried woman in straw and cow poo, who grew up and made it possible for me to have peace with my creator, and a future with him. its almost too big to wrap my mind around.


then i think about my husband and family and dog and gifts and health and home and country and food and education...and it suppresses the complaints and miseries which are a part of life on earth. i have received much, so very very much, and i don't want to forget that, even when days are tough and health is bad.


be joyful this christmas for all that's been given.






No comments:

Post a Comment