Wednesday, May 22

words for wednesday {page 4, cartoon}



 “Those who stop concentrating on how unhappy they are find that their happiness is growing. So you must lose yourself to find yourself.”

Tim Keller




"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

Julius Caesar


Before we moved three weeks ago, I ‘prepared’ myself. I knew I’d feel horrible and unwell, and I knew there wouldn’t be a one week cure. I decided not to be concerned about my bad health until at least four months had gone by, as that is about how long I took to improve after our last move.

Lying on the couch this week, with ineffective pain killers in my system I heard myself say/sob to Ben, “I just think maybe I’m not going to get back to where I was. I think its permanent damage and maybe I will never get better again.”  He gently reminded me that it had only been three weeks and was very likely the move still. I despaired in three weeks.

Anyway, this quote is beautiful and timely for me.


"Hope is patience with the lamp lit."

Tertullian




 My fabulous husband found this cartoon for me. Isn't it perfect? I have had lots of these days lately!



No comments:

Post a Comment