Wednesday, June 12

words for wednesday {page 7, home}






Pinterest



“Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are.”


Marianne Williamson


If you were to ask me how I was, I would probably sigh.
I am relieved.

I have endured a month of too many appointments, and weariness from being a vulnerable patient too many times. I have been ill from hour long waits at doctor surgeries, saddened by coolness and misunderstanding in medics, and exhausted from leaving my safe little home, the one place I have a chance of surviving in. The ironic truth is that I am ill from seeing my medics. I am always learning how better to manage my life, and going to these doctors just after I moved house was not my wisest plan. Sadness has been all pervasive - the greyness that robs every usually-fun moment of its fun.

My great relief comes not just from getting to stay home, but from feeling little bits of joy again, of happiness, or pleasure, or humour, where before it was entirely bleak. I am enjoying relief, savouring it, and remembering for future that it always comes.


“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”


Jane Austen

Although I would rather enjoy my home in moderation i.e. on the weekend and in the evening, I think Austen is perfectly right. My home is a beautiful, comfy, cosy, restful, safe haven. To view it like that rather than my prison changes everything.

Flannelette jamies have been really doing it for me lately. Who knew $11 spent at kmart could make for such snuggy appreciation.

“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” 

Normal Peale 





“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.”


Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment