Friday, July 25

dress making - wiksten tova


On the weekend I will pack for our trip to New Zealand and I'm taking a number of clothes I've worked on, not out of duty, but because they are genuinely my favourites. I never thought that would happen.

The warm, casual, simplicity of this red Wiksten Tova is wonderful. I find this country look so alluring.

I found green/navy/brown plaid flannel for half price, and made my version in a couple of days. It is the first thing that fits me perfectly with no adjustments, so it was a joy to work on.



Pattern: Wiksten Tova, with dress or top option
Difficulty: Intermediate {although quite fast and straightforward}
Fabric: Flannel Plaid, 100% cotton


After I made my McCall's Rompers, I wanted to alter the very wide bodice, so I made a dress version. Fit is the hardest thing about this whole sewing business. I took 3 centimetres out of the front of the bodice and 4 out of the back and the fit is just right now.

This is a beautiful soft cotton floral which my bro and sister in law found in an op shop for me. My mum found me a dark green zip for the back in the op shop - these shops are a frugal sewers paradise.





2 comments:

  1. I adore this dress, the colour the style, the way you wear it, its too perfect!. I can picture Harper in one eventually.... I love your 'attitude while you wait' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love it :) it makes me far feel less strange for wearing these homely creations. I think Harper would be beautiful in one, and the pattern is right here for borrowing at any time. X

      Delete